Complaints may be received directly from clients or from third party representatives. In the event of any complaint the matter must be immediately referred to Complaints Manager.
Clients can make a complaint in any medium either verbally or written. Client can phone 01384 413264 or write to The Complaints Manager FC Management Services Limited, 18-22 Stoney Lane, Birmingham, West Midlands, B25 8YP or via the website.
It should be noted that every expression of dissatisfaction amounts to a complaint. Where any client expresses concern about the service, steps should be taken to resolve that matter and it should be treated as a complaint.
Any complaint received from a third party representative such as Trading Standards or the Citizens Advice Bureau should be immediately referred to Complaints Manager
Public Complaints Procedure
The following complaints procedure is made available to every client upon request, will be supplied upon receipt of a complaint and is published on the company’s website.
We strive to ensure that there should be no time that you should have any cause for complaint in relation to the service we provide to you. In the unlikely event that you wish to raise a complaint or have any other concerns with regard to any service we have provided you may submit a formal complaint. This procedure sets out the process which should be followed.
1. Complaints may be made in writing, by e-mail, by telephone or in any other form in respect of a claims management service that we have provided You should address your complaint to The Complaints Department.
2. We will send you a written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within five business days of receipt, identifying the person who will be handling the complaint for the business together with a copy of this complaints handling procedure. Wherever possible, that person will not have been directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint, and will have authority to settle the complaint.
3. Within eight weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you either:
a) a final response which adequately addresses the complaint (including contact details for the Financial Ombudsman should you wish to make a complaint to them); or
b) a response which:
i explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving reasons for the further delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response;
ii Informs you that you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman if you are dissatisfied with the response, the timeframe for doing so and full contact details.
4. Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of redress which you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress.
5. If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer the complaint to –
Tel: 0800 023 4567
Any complaint must be referred to the financial-ombudsman Service within six months of the date of our written final response.
The role of Complaints Manager
Complaints Manager will at all times be responsible for the investigation of complaints. Where necessary input will be sought from other employees.
Complaints Manager will retain a log of all complaints received and the outcome. A complaints file will be created for each complaint, reference to the log, and which will contain all communication with complainants, the actions taken to investigate the complaint, the findings and a copy of the final response to the complainant.
The responsibility of The Firm
The Firm will provide assistance to the Financial Ombudsman Service in connection with the investigation, consideration or determination of complaints where it is reasonably able to provide it.
The Firm must comply with a notice that requires specified information or documents to be provided to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
The Firm must comply with any direction contained in a determination made by the Financial